Roger
I'm just getting started with vaping and I'd like to know what the best system would be for around the $100 price point.
I watched Baislray's review of the Legacy by Pure Smoker & it sounds really good. Also, on the Pure Smoker Web site they offer several cart-o-tanks, single & double coil but I'm not sure what might work best.
I'd also be interested in getting ideas on who sells the best liquid.
Another question . . . Can the cart-o-tanks be carried in the pocket of a pair of jeans without leaking?
Thanks for helping!
Roger
Be the first person to like this
Reverence
I'm really having a good time with my eVic and that ability to dial in is really nice - of course my opinion is kind of invalid due to the fact that I am a green horn myself...But I was able to pick it up at $79 from Rob @ Fluid Vapor and he is a friend of a friend so it was absolutely worth it. Just my 2 cents - now back to the pro's :p
Sgt.Taz
Honestly the eVic has it's good points but if I had to choose right now I would have to say the Tesla has my vote. Having both I'm looking at ease of use and set and forget kind of vaping. The Tesla is that mod you can bring out and not have to worry about it holding up to anything you throw at it. the eVic has had some issues with wear and even-though everything is fairly simple to replace it still feels a little cheap to me. I'm not going to get into numbers on these devices as in reality if you enjoy the vaping experience who cares about numbers or this drop off or that. either way you have to be happy with the Form, Finish, and your Vaping experience hope I didn't confuse you more but figure this device might need to be in your vaping arsenal =)
Roger
Taz . . . after getting the info from Blacksmith I'm thinking the Zmax is looking good because of the extended voltage range. Do you have any thougts on the Zmax vs. the Tesla?
Also, there are like a million different types of tanks & cartomizers. It seems like buying one is really a shot in the dark. What have you had good luck with?
You guys are awsome, your making this process soooooo much easier!
Roger
Sgt.Taz
Taz . . . after getting the info from Blacksmith I'm thinking the Zmax is looking good because of the extended voltage range. Do you have any thougts on the Zmax vs. the Tesla?
Also, there are like a million different types of tanks & cartomizers. It seems like buying one is really a shot in the dark. What have you had good luck with?
Roger
I personally don't own a zmax to fairly compare the two-I haven't heard many complaints about the mod so to tell you one over the other would come down to aesthetics. Which ever one you like the appearance of will be the deciding factor for you. Tanks pretty much are all similar in function but I would invest in a solid one as oppose to the smok type. I'm found of the Fluid Flask/ fluidvapor.com and also E-tanks from LiquidXpress.com These are not inexpensive options but the value is in the machining and O rings on these. you can get a cheaper one but if you plan on any long term use and limited issues these are the way to go IMO. As your getting a VV VW device there is no need for LR carto's so I would get a few different types and see what works for you the best. In the end your enjoyment is the most important objective. cartos are cheap so buy a couple of different brands and see which ones work for you.
Fiamma
I was firmly in the carto tank camp for some time. I started with the cheapie Smok tanks and they worked ok, the only thing you have to worry about with polycarbonate tanks is juice eating them alive. Some juices do exactly that and when that happens you throw out the tank. I moved to Phiniac glass tanks and liked them better. Much cleaner taste, as clean as you can get with any carto involved, at any rate. Now the Fluid Flasks are back in stock and I have one enroute, will be delighted to have it in hand, they look so smexy ;)
These days I've sort of grown out of carto tanks to dripping and RBA's. Been vaping for a day less than 2 yrs and things just change for me as I go down the road. I will keep the Fluid Flask in juice and maybe a Phiniac in juice but most of the time I will be dripping. I've gone from casual vaper to obsessive compulsive hobbyist, it appears. Could be worse, I could be smoking and killing myself ;)
Roger
I was firmly in the carto tank camp for some time. I started with the cheapie Smok tanks and they worked ok, the only thing you have to worry about with polycarbonate tanks is juice eating them alive. Some juices do exactly that and when that happens you throw out the tank. I moved to Phiniac glass tanks and liked them better. Much cleaner taste, as clean as you can get with any carto involved, at any rate. Now the Fluid Flasks are back in stock and I have one enroute, will be delighted to have it in hand, they look so smexy ;)
These days I've sort of grown out of carto tanks to dripping and RBA's. Been vaping for a day less than 2 yrs and things just change for me as I go down the road. I will keep the Fluid Flask in juice and maybe a Phiniac in juice but most of the time I will be dripping. I've gone from casual vaper to obsessive compulsive hobbyist, it appears. Could be worse, I could be smoking and killing myself ;)
Thanks for the info . . . what atomizer are you using for dripping?
LM
Roger
I got to try the zmax at the latest NY meet. I did not like it at all. It def did not feel like it was hitting "better" than the eVic. Actually the eVic hit stronger on a 1.5 atty. This has less to do with output and more to do with the "pulse width" of the hit. I am going to try a Tesla very soon and will get back to you on this.
Hope this helps,
LM
Last update on February 24, 3:38 pm by LM.
Roger
I got to try the zmax at the latest NY meet. I did not like it at all. It def did not feel like it was hitting "better" than the eVic. Actually the eVic hit stronger on a 1.5 atty. This has less to do with output and more to do with the "pulse width" of the hit. I am going to try a Tesla very soon and will get back to you on this.
Hope this helps,
LM
Thanks for the info . . . looking forward to hearing about the Tesla
Irene
Roger, I can't add anything to the information on the different mods, but I did see where you felt unable to cut in on the chat during a show with basic questions. Please don't ever think that, every single one of us was new at some point. We want to help vaping grow and we want to see new people get started off right, so anytime you are in there and have a question just go ahead and ask, someone will know the answer!!!
 likes this.
MannaLayne
Ok, so this forum was extremely helpful! I am new to this and looking for something better than my current ego-t. Roger, what did you end up going with and are you happy with your decision? I've been trying to find an inexpensive mod option... preferably under $75. I've looked at a so many my head starts spinning from the terminology and get scared away. So, Roger, I would love to know how this all worked out for you!! :>
Roger
I decided to get the eVic because I was planning to buy a ProVari eventually anyway. The eVic was interesting because it offered features the ProVari didn't.
In other words it seemed better to end up with an eVic & a ProVari, than to end up with a ProVari & a ProVari knock-off.
However, I give up vaping all together because it was making me too wired.
Good luck, here's a link to the eVic (http://www.vaporalley.com/Colored-eVic-Mod_p_503.html)
By the way, I still have an std 501 battery setup, an ego twist & few other pieces laying about if anyone's interested.
grege
Wow. I love to see that there are other people as new as I am with the same tyoes of questions. Makes me feel better about being a newb. Lol. Getting a vamo this weekend to upgrade from my manual and I have been curious about the best wattage and voltage to use for the big clouds. I know not to use more than 12 mg juice thanks to the amazing guys at Fluid in Bohemia but I feel a little dumb asking what seems like such basic questions. Im hoping someone can help me.It also doesnt hhelpthat im going to go with the disposable coil insteead of rebuildable because its easier. I know the feeling of becoming a lil bit obsessed too. Lol. But so much better than smoking. Though I woll admit I miss my pipe from time to time. Lol. Any advice would be great. Thanks guys and hope to see the locals at a Fluid meet.
MJ12
However, I give up vaping all together because it was making me too wired.
Please explain, if you would.
Last update on August 24, 8:09 pm by MJ12.
Dammit_Janet
I'm just getting started with vaping and I'd like to know what the best system would be for around the $100 price point.
I watched Baislray's review of the Legacy by Pure Smoker & it sounds really good. Also, on the Pure Smoker Web site they offer several cart-o-tanks, single & double coil but I'm not sure what might work best.
I'd also be interested in getting ideas on who sells the best liquid.
Another question . . . Can the cart-o-tanks be carried in the pocket of a pair of jeans without leaking?
Thanks for helping!
Roger
I'm pretty new too. The best starter I found is at VapeDojo.com. They have 2 evidence batteries and 2 ProTank minis with charger for 36.99. That is an amazing price and quality gear. They also have great customer service.
Tasha Meison
I would also like to recommend a starter. It's at https://www.mygadget.us/, they've got nice discounts and the shipping is also pretty fast. Pretty reliable site, I always buy from them.