Ok I decided to try the ss cable wick as sometimes I have problems being able to roll a wick. I ordered the 316 SS cable 7 X 19 3/32" off e-bay

So far I am really liking it. Not having a torch currently I didn't oxidize it which I am thinking will be better (have a torch ordered now) but I did boil the cable, then washed with dish soap then boiled it again to get rid of any machine oil that was there. I also did the 3 juice burns I would do with the mesh.

I had a lot of problems at first with the coils popping, finally went ahead and did a single wrap around with the mesh around the top of the wick and for it working in just a couple minutes that time.

I have been really surprised with how well this is wicking.

looks nice. I bet it won't pop if you get it torched first let us know after you get your torch.
looks good. my order for ss cable just came in.
quick question. is it necessary to wrap the coiled portion with the mesh?
neXt559 said...

looks good. my order for ss cable just came in.
quick question. is it necessary to wrap the coiled portion with the mesh?

Some do some don't, so try it without and f you keep popping coils add the mesh
a question.! will this work with 100% vg juice? eg. Boba's/pluid?
works great with 100% VG juice-I just torched the area I plan on wrapping as well as use flat ribbon wire for my coils.(no mesh) I've done this on all my gennies after testing it out. works flawless on my iHybrids,C-Bar, ZAttyPro, and AGA-T2
What size wire works best? Kanthal or Nichrome?
I only use Kanthal A1 for round wire or Kanthal D for ribbon wire. I have been told the Nichrome gives an off taste.

Size of wire depends on what you are using it on and what resistance you want to run. Smaller wicks use less wire, less wire equals lower resistance. So while on my iHy I use 28 gauge or 0.8 ribbon, on something like the DiD Clone I would use 30 or 32 to get the same results.
toughguitar said...

What size wire works best? Kanthal or Nichrome?

I'm going to agree with Nancy and say the .08 ribbon in kanthal Has been the best in my setups.I'm still using the long wicks in all my geni's so I keep at around a 3 wrap for under ohm vaping
I use untorched 7x19 cable with a couple of wraps of torched mesh in between that and the coil. Wicks both my high vg and high pg juices just fine. I use the mesh wrap on top to sort of act like a sponge and hold a tiddle bit more liquid. I use either .3 or .4mm Kanthal A1 ribbon from the mesh co. depending on my mood, usually 3 or 4 wraps. Now all i need is a nice pair of cable cutters!